PNV 57E Nightvision Wiring?

Enquiries, article suggestions or blog related questions in general?
Forty7

PNV 57E Nightvision Wiring?

Post by Forty7 » 27 Jun 2015, 12:11

Hello!

firstly thanks for the great blog, I really enjoy it much and are alway baffled of the amount of knowledge you guys bring in!
I just wish you would post more often :P

I have question regarding the circuit driver you are building and how/what kind of wiring you used.

Thanks a lot and keep up the great work!

KTM690smc

Re: PNV 57E Nightvision Wiring?

Post by KTM690smc » 30 Jun 2015, 06:23

Hi!
I thought I just add my question here.

I just bought a set of PNV57es on ebay and were wondering if those are actually real Gen2? I can't find any correct answer on the net. Also can you post an tutorial of your 9 Volt conversion for it? If possible as easy as it can be for someone like me, with no experience in soldering and electronic things.
Thanks!

net_split
Admin & Support

Post by net_split » 30 Jun 2015, 18:31

Hi guys!

- PNV57E are very good gen1 NVG, but they are technically no gen2.

- There is no need for a conversion to 9V, you can literally just run them of a 9V batty. However preferably you want to use a 12V battery/power supply.

- The circuit driver comes with soldering pins, so you can use any wiring you want. If you want any special plugs or such I can make a customized version for you for a small upcharge.

Joseph

Post by Joseph » 06 Aug 2015, 11:48

Hello, I managed to buy 2 viewers PNV5-E. I am very happy with the quality really. I'm surprised the quality / price.
Could put information so we could make the plates to eliminate noise and battery saving you mentioned me. I promise to put step by step as we build to serve as a reference for other partners.
And I managed to hook it to a mount Noroto Rhino it is easy with clamps for tube and a Dremel XD

Thank you!!

Joseph

net_split
Admin & Support

Post by net_split » 08 Aug 2015, 15:53

Hi Joseph!
I am currently working on an updated version of the device:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=43

I don't plan to publicly share the plans and code, since people might steal it and sell it themselves.
But what I can do is do send you the plans for you own personal use. That means you are free to build and use it for yourself, but are not allowed to share nor to build them for anyone else.

KTM690smc

Post by KTM690smc » 09 Aug 2015, 23:37

Hi Netsplit!
I sent you a PM!

Joseph

Post by Joseph » 11 Aug 2015, 18:17

net_split wrote:Hi Joseph!
I am currently working on an updated version of the device:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=43

I don't plan to publicly share the plans and code, since people might steal it and sell it themselves.
But what I can do is do send you the plans for you own personal use. That means you are free to build and use it for yourself, but are not allowed to share nor to build them for anyone else.

Netsplit Hi, thanks for answering.
We would greatly appreciate you sent me the plans and I assure you will not sell or makes such data public.
I send you my email for MP

Joseph

Post by Joseph » 11 Aug 2015, 18:28

I am not able to send an MP, you can see my Mail as administrator ??

net_split
Admin & Support

Post by net_split » 12 Aug 2015, 00:38

Got it!

I will send both of you the contract soon and then the documentation as soon as I finished it.

predatorgearinc

Post by predatorgearinc » 30 Nov 2015, 13:16

Hey! .. Great Blog

I just got my hands on a pair of PNV-57E.

I find the transformer box way to bulky and anoying

After viewing this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YfXSnczDjc .. I was thinking, so it is possible to dump the transformer box and instead put a LiPo battery in a counterweight pouch on the back of the helmet?

Any advice how to?